Weddings By Merne – What makes us shine
If you are lucky enough to live around the Bellarine Peninsula you will have access to some of the most beautiful wedding venues in Victoria, right at your back door. If you live elsewhere and are planning a destination wedding then you will find everything you are looking for and more within the Bellarine Peninsula. With so many options it can be a daunting task choosing your ideal venue.
As you begin the all-important job of searching for a venue, you will start to realise there is more involved than simply finding the best view or the cheapest food for your growing guest list. It will become more about finding a venue that is a true reflection of you as a couple. A venue that provides a beautiful setting, for an affordable price, but that most importantly embodies the qualities that as a couple you find meaningful.
Keeping track of what different venues offer can be time consuming and let’s face it hard work. At Merne we pride ourselves on our generous offerings and our humble approach to customer service. Weddings at Merne are a progressive event beginning with your ceremony under the oak trees, followed by drinks and canapes on the lawn, then inside for dinner and dancing. To help save you precious time when looking for your perfect venue we have created this list of our 10 best qualities that make us shine above the rest.
- Price transparency. We are refreshingly up front about all the potential costs from the beginning. There is no bill shock with Merne! Our package prices are listed on our website along with our offer to discount your chosen package if you provide your wedding cake as a dessert. That’s right we said discount!
- Choice of Ceremony locations. We have two wonderful locations for hosting ceremonies within our grounds. For a native, rustic setting, we have our earthy woodland consisting of rows of gum trees. If you prefer a more open air garden setting our grassy lawn lined with rows of olive trees, would be perfect for you. We don’t shy away from hard work at Merne, and we are more than happy to assist with the setup of these areas.
- Plenty of food. Our menus are designed to be shared and are best when enjoyed with a glass or two of our favorite local wine and beer. We pride ourselves on serving abundant menus with high quality local produce. Your guests will not leave hungry that’s for sure.
- Flexibility is important. We want couples to be able to celebrate weddings in a way that truly reflects you. If this means ordering in your favorite champagne or beer for the event we are more than happy to accommodate. This day is about you!.
- The view. Well, it’s amazing! Even we regularly stop to admire it and are constantly in awe.
- Accommodation, We offer onsite accommodation which can be booked by couples, family or friends. The well cared for cottage sleeps 9 guests and is a short 4-minute drive to the venue.
- Our humble approach to hospitality. We are a team of hospitality professionals that believe in creating exceptional experiences for our guests that are honest, down to earth, and fun. Your wedding should be the best party you will ever have, and we love helping you create that.
- Cocktails are an excellent party starter and a great way for you to showcase some of your favorite indulgences to your family and friends ( that’s’ if they don’t already know ). We offer a great deal on post ceremony cocktails to be served roaming over canape hour.
- Styling options. We are always on the lookout for new and unique pieces to add to our already generous collection of furniture and equipment that all our couples have access to. We can offer you ann arbour, a custom-made ceremony bar, wine barrels, umbrellas, cake tables, signing tables,chairs and easels which can be set up by the staff at Merne in your desired location.
- Your personal wedding coordinator. When you book your wedding at Merne you will meet Jess. Jess will be your go to person who will be available to answer any questions and help you with any vendor recommendations as you plan your wedding. To top it off she will be there on the day to make sure any personal touches don’t get overlooked.
We hope you have found this list helpful and look forward to seeing you at Merne soon. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact Jess on func[email protected] if you would like more information about our wedding packages.