Accommodation & Other wedding Information
Accommodation – Lighthouse Olive Oil Cottage
The cottage is the perfect place for couples or families to gather at before or after weddings.
The grounds boast many wonderful photo opportunities that compliment the setting at Merne.
Bookings are managed by Oakdene and more information can be found here.
Other wedding Information
- Evening wedding duration is 5– 10pm (ceremony ay 4:30pm)
- It is $20 per person per hour to extend the beverage package between 4pm & 5pm (ceremony at 3:30pm)
- Evening weddings can only be conducted on Friday or Saturday
- Minimum guest numbers of 80 are required for Friday & Saturday evening weddings
- Minimum guest numbers of 60 are required for Sunday lunch weddings
- Public holidays will incur a 10% surcharge
- Ceremony items available to use include: portable PA, wine barrels, market umbrellas, chairs and wedding arbor.
- Packages include the use of the tables, chairs, napkins, tablecloths and cutlery. Styling, including placement of floral arrangements and decorations can be organised. We can liaise with suppliers on your behalf.
Children and additional meals/beverages
- Children under 12 can be served a simplified meal including soft drinks. They will be charged $50 per child.
- Children/teenagers over 12 will be served an adult meal but will be discounted by 50% from the adult’s price.
- Additional meals and drinks can be arranged for photographers and entertainers as well. These meals are charged at a cost of $45pp.
Booking confirmation and payment
- A tentative booking can be held for 14 days without obligation.
- A deposit of $1000 is required to confirm your booking and “save the date”.
- The next payment of 75% of the contracted price will be required 2 months out from the wedding date.
- Final numbers are required 2 weeks prior to the wedding date of which your final invoice will be based on. Numbers can only increase after this time. Guest dietary requirements must be advised by this time.
- For any cancellations after deposit is paid, and more than 6 months prior to the wedding, a fee of $1000 will be applied. The remaining deposit, if any, will be refunded.
- For bookings cancelled 6 months or less prior to the commencement date the deposit will be forfeited.
- Wedding cakes need to be supplied by a professional and assistance or instructions on setup of cake are required.
- If supplying cupcakes for your guests to take away they must be packed into their boxes prior to delivery.
- We are happy to assist you in selecting your entertainment such as solo performers or DJs. You are welcome to make your own arrangements, however please advise the wedding planner to ensure all necessary equipment is available.
- All entertainment must cease before 10 pm as noise in the area can travel large distances.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
- At Merne we take RSA very seriously. Alcohol service will cease at 10pm sharp. All guests must depart the venue by 10:15pm.
- Please note our bar does not open before the ceremony
For wedding enquires and tour bookings please fill out your details below and our friendly wedding planner will be in touch about your special day.
Please note we do not have additional wedding brochures. All pricing and information is on this website.
Stories From The Happy Couples
Quinton and Steph were looking for a destination wedding and were inspired by the beautiful and natural surroundings of the Bellarine Peninsula. They were after an intimate and rustic wedding and could not pass on ‘the views of the olive grove and the sensational...
Naomi and Kyle wanted a natural feel to their wedding, one, that flowed from an outdoor ceremony into an inside reception. They described Merne as a ‘venue that was able to be uniquely breath taking without having to add extravagant toppings’.How would you describe...
Michael and Edwina were married at Merne on a beautiful Spring day in November 2019. With a love for quality food and wine, a love of the outdoors, and a running joke about olives... they couldn’t go past Merne as their wedding venue!How would you describe yourselves...