Weddings and events with Merne at Lighthouse
We recognise that your wedding is your special day. It’s a day that not only will be etched in your memory eternally, but will linger for all your family and friends. Here at Merne, we will help you to create that moment, that moment that never goes away.
Your wedding is your celebration. Such an occasion is our responsibility to help create your dreams and then to exceed them. Not only achieved by our food, there is no compromise on wines or service standards.
With many years of experience, we pride ourselves on being as flexible as possible to ensure we collaborate in creating the greatest of celebrations.
Overlooking vines and olive groves, Merne at Lighthouse offers amazing panoramic views that provide a stunning backdrop for your special photos. The pristine outlook means our Bellarine Peninsula location is also perfect for your wedding ceremony. (Which is included in the cost of the wedding packages.)
Whether it’s your wedding or another special function, the Merne at Lighthouse team would love to assist in creating your perfect event.
Complimentary to you:
- Venue hire
- Wedding planner
- Use of the grounds for your ceremony
- Personalised menus
- Tablecloths & napkins
- Styling equipment including oak barrels, market umbrellas and signing table and chairs
- Portable PA system
Accommodation – Lighthouse Olive Oil Cottage
Accommodation comprising of four bedrooms and sleeping nine guests is located on the grounds just a short drive away from the restaurant. The cottage is the perfect place for couples or families to gather at before or after weddings. The grounds boast many wonderful photo opportunities that compliment the setting at Merne. Bookings are managed by Oakdene and more information can be found here.
- Evening wedding duration is 5:30 – 11pm
(Beverage package 6pm-11pm)
- It is $12 per person per hour to extend the beverage package
- Please note these are Saturday evening rates
- Minimum spend of $6000 is required for Saturday evenings
- Price can be negotiated for other days and nights
- To use your wedding cake as dessert, deduct $5pp
- Public holidays will incur a 10% surcharge
- Ceremony items available to use include: portable PA, wine barrels, market umbrellas, signing table and chairs and choice of 2 arbors
- Packages include the use of the tables, chairs, napkins, tablecloths and cutlery. Styling, including placement of floral arrangements and decorations can be organised. We can liaise with suppliers on your behalf.
Children and additional meals/beverages
- Children under 12 can be served a simplified meal including soft drinks. They will be charged $50 per child.
- Children/teenagers over 12 will be served an adult meal but will be discounted by 50% from the adult’s price.
- Additional meals and drinks can be arranged for photographers and entertainers as well. These meals are charged at a cost of $45pp.
Booking confirmation and payment
- A tentative booking can be held for 14 days without obligation.
- A deposit of $2500 is required to confirm your booking and “save the date”.
- The next payment of 75% of the contracted price will be required 2 months out from the wedding date.
- Final numbers are required 2 weeks prior to the wedding date of which your final invoice will be based on. Numbers can only increase after this time. Guest dietary requirements must be advised by this time.
- For any cancellations after deposit is paid, and more than 6 months prior to the wedding, a fee of $1000 will be applied. The remaining deposit, if any, will be refunded.
- For bookings cancelled 6 months or less prior to the commencement date the deposit will be forfeited.
- For bookings cancelled between 60 and 30 DAYS prior to the commencement date, a fee equal to 85% of the total contract price will be charged.
- For bookings cancelled between 29 days and the day of the wedding a fee equal to 100% of the total contract price will be charged.
- Wedding cakes need to be supplied by a professional and assistance or instructions on setup of cake are required.
- If supplying cupcakes for your guests to take away they must be packed into their boxes prior to delivery.
- We are happy to assist you in selecting your entertainment such as bands, solo performers, karaoke or DJs. You are welcome to make your own arrangements, however please advise the wedding planner to ensure all necessary equipment is available.
- Please ensure that all entertainment contacts Merne before the event.
- All entertainment must cease before 11pm as noise in the area travels large distances.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
At Merne we take RSA very seriously. Alcohol service will cease at 11pm sharp. All guests must depart the venue by 11:30pm.
For wedding or function enquires please contact us below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org